Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Population of the Millenium

In follow-up to the post from yesterday that had to do with the rapture, there has come up an interesting question. I have always held to a Post-Trib belief. I have studied it a lot and I just can't get around 2 Thessalonians 2:1, "Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him....for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction." (NIV) To me, this verse speaks of two events, but only one day. Now, I have read and I know all the arguments that Pre-Trib has about this verse, but until we disappear or go through the Trib period, it's an educated guess on every ones part.

Anyway, the question that has come up that I never heard before is this (all you post-trib Th.D's out there can help), If the rapture happens at the end of the Tribulation at at the same time as the Return of Christ, who is going to populate the Millennial Kingdom here on earth? Non-believers? Instantaneous converts that missed the rapture? I don't know right now, but will be trying to figure it out. This question came up as I was reading Charles C. Ryrie's "Basic Theology" book.

ONE LAST THING: While the last days are good to study and to discuss, they are not worth getting our undies in a knot over. God has His plan and it will be fulfilled to perfection. We all need to be ready and need to be carrying out our commission until He returns, we leave or we pass away!

God Bless!

No comments: