Monday, March 24, 2008

An Interesting Comment

So, I get an interesting comment today from an old friend who has visited my blog.
He tells me I should have a fifth choice in my rapture question. Which do you believe about the rapture? Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post-Trib or Don't Know. His addition is Pre-Wrath! What is pre-wrath? Well, the short, short that doesn't do the position a bit of good, but gives an idea of when it is in the scheme of things is, after mid-trib, yet before post-trib.

The concept is that we would go through the first 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation, the relatively peaceful part and even after the mid-trib sufferings start, we would still be here. The church would remain until God gets ready to pour out His wrath on the earth. That comes between the breaking of the sixth and seventh seal. Anyway, I'm still getting in to studying this so I'll just stop here before I destroy any of it's credibility. You can pursue more info on this at http://www.prewrathministries.org . We should always be open to ideas that may be a little different than our own.

My final thoughts on the rapture/second coming of the Lord are these. No matter what you believe, you should be ready at anytime in case the Lord returns and at the same time, we should never get so complacent in our beliefs that we ignore that we may have to endure some or all of the Tribulation and therefore we should be aware of what is going on around us in the world. One thing I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is this: Every day we are closer to whatever event is going to take place! We are closer to the return of the Lord or to the Tribulation (actually no matter what, we are closer to both!). Our hearts and minds should be ready.

1 comment:

Tom Goodman said...

I'm post-trib pre-millennial. I just can't see biblical evidence for two Second Comings (or two stages if you prefer that language). As for "pre-wrath," I can't see anything more than a hair's-breadth difference between mid-trib and pre-wrath, but I think either position is a good midway point for dispensationalists who have started to see how weak their pre-trib position is and have begun to acknowledge that the Bible portrays God's people as here for the climax of the cosmic rebellion. Besides, I hope Robert Van Kampen's views of pre-wrath aren't the best argument for the position, 'cause his views are just nutty--but ask me what I REALLY think sometime! (grin)